Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh so yummy pizza ...














I make homemade pizzas at least once a week - I think I am addicted. I love this recipe because it is quick & the best I have ever used for pizza. Here is the recipe for the dough....

PIZZA DOUGH
1 teaspoon yeast
½ cup + 1 tablespoon warm water(105-110 degrees F)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

Let rise in oven @ 170' for about an hour. Then roll out on your silpat & pour cornmeal on cookie sheet & set pizza on top of cornmeal. You don't have to do this, you can use Pam, but the cornmeal is so much better. I also used foil underneath the cornmeal for easier clean-up. I then add my toppings & sauce after the dough is already on the baking surface. Here are a few toppings we use...

TOPPINGS
squeezable pizza sauce
asparagus
squash
onion
garlic
feta cheese
mozzarella cheese
cheddar cheese
grape tomatoes
pepperoni
bacon

These pizza's have string cheese in the crust with ranch dressing brushed below the cheese. Delicious. Bake at 450' for about 12 minutes or until it looks tasty.

0 comments: