Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oreo truffles recipe

I made these with Coby yesterday & they are delicious.  Similar to the cake pops I made for Halloween but a bit easier.  I still have yet to figure out an easy way to dip the balls ... any suggestions?



1 package oreo cookies (including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate bark or chips

Crush cookies in blender and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.  Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet & stick in freezer for at least an hour.  Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. You can sprinkle the tops with crushed cookies for decoration or leave them plain.  Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!  Makes about 36 truffles.

Found here - thanks Shawna!

7 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Oh how I love these.
Probably too much!

Angela said...

You were reading my mind. I just finished making these for Mark for Dispatch. I have tried a toothpick and also I have tried just putting them into the chocolate and fishing them out with a fork.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

I was told today (after giving 1 to my client) that these taste like your best friend chewed an oreo & covered it in chocolate. I didn't know what to think ... does that mean it's good? I guess so because he ate 3 more.

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

Oh I tried the toothpicks & the forks. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I made these last night for our relief society party.

Get a knife, spoon and fork.

Put the truffle on the fork. Use the spoon to cover the truffle with chocolate. Tap off excess and use the knife to slide the truffle onto the parch. paper.

PS. I found your blog through Oh Happy Day and I think its cool! :) Sorry if you don't want blurkers.

Annabanana said...

that sounds sooooo yummy!