Since I woke up early & the TV is in other languages I thought I would download some pictures from yesterday.
We made it here after 20 hours of traveling. Our flight from NYC to Paris was an hour shorter due to a nice tail wind. For some reason I thought we would sleep on the flight over, but Coby informed me I should try to stay awake as long as I could. It was pretty boring there at the end! Coby didn't receive his luggage, it was left in NYC...so he will receive it today. The funny thing is that I had worried about it before we left & he said it would be fine & it wouldn't happen. I guess my worry & "planning on it happening" sent out the bad luck because it DID happen. Poor Coby, but he is still upbeat as usual.
Croatia is so pretty and so modern. I was told by an older lady on the plane that Zagreb has beautiful homes with red roofs, much prettier than the US. I agree, but it is a different kind of pretty. I love the neighborhoods here, everyone seems to have a plot of land for farming small amounts & flower boxes out each window. It really is beautiful. Our hotel is great; we had a wonderful lunch & I thoroughly enjoyed the Mediterranean style. The furniture in our hotel is all handmade & quite stunning. Everything is so high tech about this place, it is awesome. I am going to take advantage of the SPA this evening & get a hot stone massage.
I have done some really stupid things since our trip started. First on our flight from SLC to NYC I plugged my ear phones into the armrest of the person in front of me & wondered why it wasn't working with what I was watching on my TV. The poor guy next to me got a good laugh. Then on the flight to Paris I fell asleep for an hour & had taken off my glasses (to see) & when I woke up could not find them. I had to get Coby on his hands & knees searching along with the lady behind us since I was too blind to see. We arrived at our fabulous hotel & while Coby was in a meeting I thought I would go to the SPA to swim. The lady at the SPA desk gave me a flat sheet, towel & slippers for the locker room. I was totally confused & wondered what to do with the sheet. So I asked ... she laughed & said it was for the sauna if I wanted to use it & that I could use a bathing suite for the pool. Stupid American I know, but I didn't understand if I COULD wear a swimsuit! Then I was taking a shower & pulled a string that I thought was the drain plug ... nope it was an SOS signal to the front desk. They quickly called asking if I was safe. So I am totally an American in a foreign country ... I hope today starts my brain!
The best part is that I turned on the TV & the first show I saw in English was Fresh Prince of Belair.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
We made it to Zegreb, Croatia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Ashlynn, I am so jealous! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. BTW, you're not stupid, just in a different country. And if anyone says anything, blame it on being blonde. :) Have a fantastic trip, and keep posting!!
Croatia sounds wonderful, it's on our list of places to visit...where else are you headed, Ashlynn?
I love Zagreb, it's such a beautiful city!
I am way jealous....that sounds way fun. I also have to admit...I would have done the same things in your situation. I am not the most informed person.
Zagreb us absolutely beautiful ~ I hope to return again someday! Our trip is so quick, w must try to see a lot fast!
We leave in the morning for Estonia then we will go to Sweden (which I am most excisted about), Denmark, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania & Norway.
I'm SO jealous.
I wish I was there too....
American.....hahaha thanks for the story.......
you are one lucky girly
Post a Comment